No matter your age, travel health can be a threat to the success of your trip. This can occur before or during your trip. There are many interventions you can use to mitigate that risk, especially during the trip itself. Joelle has had a long career in the medical field as a nurse. Within that role, she was passionate about education, believing strongly that when the patient understands what is occurring, that empowers them to have a more active role in what is happening to them. The patient then can become their own advocate, which is essential to get the care they deserve. This translates travel health well.
The goal is to educate our readers on the role they can take in their own health during travel. It is about being prepared and understanding how and why it is the best choice for you. By understanding, you will be more likely willing to take on the actions and behaviors needed to assure you are in the best health for your adventure. Joelle has always believed no one is incapable of comprehending the why’s. We often don’t give people enough credit, and if we explain it correctly and in clear terms, any layperson can learn.
As this blog grows, Joelle will be adding many posts on this topic. Travel health-specific posts will display on this page.
Our list of posts in developement is quite long. An example of the upcoming posts will include:
- Failproof Way to Prevent Sea Sickness
- Jetlag: Guidance on how to prevent that
- Travel Insurance: An Absolute Must For All Travelers
- Medical Insurance: Does our policy cover Abroad Travel
- Getting Ill Abroad: How to Prepare
- Wanderers Compass Travel Emergency Card
- Handling Medical Emergencies During Travel
- Injury Before Travel: Should I proceed?
- Pharmacies Abroad: How to Make Use of them
- What you do to prepare to stay healthy before your trip
- Plane travel: How to make it the best experience possible
- Should I seek to take extra supplements when traveling
- Plane Dehydration: Tricks to Avoid
- What to Prepare For If Hospitalized Overseas
- Added risk in Cruise travel: How to reduce your risk
- How registering with the STEP program plays a role in travel health emergencies
- How to physically prepare yourself for that big trip
The topics can be endless, but we may not have thought of what you are interested in. We would love to hear from you what you would like to see us address on travel health. You may have hard-earned travel health issues you would like to share. It is when we share we learn. It may even save a life! You can let us know your ideas in the comment section below or contact us privately here.
We look forward to empowering you to take control of your health during your travel!